Friday, May 18, 2007

Musings

Went to the eye doctor yesterday to get me and the girl's eyes checked. I had been hoping that she would escape the family's bad eyes. No such luck, though I seemed to have caught it at the very beginning, hopefully it will help slow down her eyes getting worse. Found her some really cute frames. I'm wearing contacts today for the first time in about 6 years. I got some great glasses too, very sassy!

Today was 8th grade play day, kind of an 8th grade graduation without the cheesy ceremony. We rent out the Palm Beach section of Moody Gardens. The teachers get to go relax in the sun and ignore the students, the lifeguards supervise. It's awesome! On the way home, a coworker said something very interesting. She was talking about how she has a very addictive personality. She'll try something just once, and if it's really good she just can't give it up. One example she gave was this olive dip stuff for bagels that she ate for breakfast for 5 years. She said the only way she can give these things up is to use Lint, because her "addiction to God" is stronger than any other. I thought this was a very interesting way to phrase it.

No comments: