Monday, January 17, 2011

January Resolutions Update

It's just a couple of weeks into the new year, I was trying to decide what to blog about to keep with my resolution to blog weekly. I haven't quite finished my book, and I blog on technology last week, so I thought I'd take a look how I was doing on my resolutions.

My first was to get in better shape, having the gym membership and using the treadmills there has helped get that off to a great start. However, my method of getting fit will be shifting, as I decided that the gym is an unnecessary expense, so I'm going to move the Wii out of the kid's room and use the fitness games on there. It's been hit and miss on the vitamins, though I've been getting better, and I've eaten breakfast every morning. In fact, I need to get breakfast today. I think it'll be toasted brown sugar cinnamon swirl bread.


As for my novel, I've done a little editing. Though it's not much, it's more than Don has. :p I'm trying to decide whether to post a segment on this blog, will have to be after it's been edited though. I may wait and post it as a serial, which was my original intent when I got the idea. I kid Don about not having edited his novel, but he's been busy with other writing. He has a job reviewing books at The Future Fire and will have a monthly column at Apex Book Company about common themes in genre fiction. I am so excited for him, and so proud.

My third goal was to help a worthy cause. I didn't expect to have a cause to help that hit so close to home. Later today, we are driving up to Austin to help out a friend who had his place broken into. A bunch of his friends are getting together at the Alamo Drafthouse for a free movie screening, he got to choose the movie, and to donate money to help him replace his lost property. He lost over $3000 in goods, if you'd like to help with a small donation, please visit Yay, Gholson. He is one of the nicest people I have ever met. That a major movie theater would host such an event makes me want to give them all my business, and this speaks volumes about the atmosphere is Austin.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your MLK holiday!

2 comments:

Jesse said...

Hi, I like your blog. I spend too much time on facebook and twitter (where I'm @modernise), that it's difficult for me to keep an open mind before looking for the RSS button :-)

I'll do that now :-)

Harpy Queen said...

Thank you so much, Jesse!