Saturday, January 17, 2009

Adventures in Second Life

I know I mentioned Second Life once before, when I started I mostly found clubs and party places. There is so much more: fan clubs, astronomy places, botanical gardens, book clubs, writing workshops, Shakespearean plays, and much more.

I am now working with a couple of book groups, Guild of UK Writers and Bookstacks. They support writers and readers. I host a scifi/fantasy and horror discussion group. We just finished World War Z by Max Brooks (son of Mel Brooks). Our next book is The Nymphos of the Rocky Flats by Mario Acevedo, an Iraq war veteran that is now a vampire. The discussion will be held in Second Life on February 2nd.

We are also looking for authors that would like to do readings of their work. It's free advertisement for your books or poetry. There are also write-ins, writer workshops, and time to just relax with other writers (such as book trivia).

If you are interested in either the book group or reading for an audience come check out Second Life or contact me.

Hope to see you there.

No comments: